Updating Your Skills to SQL Server 2016 (M10986)
Update your SQL Server skills with this introduction to the new features of SQL Server 2016. Youll learn the new features for performance, security, availability and scalability, reporting and Power BI, data access, and SQL Server OLAP, and youll learn about new SQL Server cloud functionality.
This course incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 10986: Upgrading Your Skills to SQL Server 2016.
1. Introduction to SQL Server 2016
- Overview of SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server 2016 Editions and Components
- Installing SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server Management Studio Enhancements
2. Whats New in SQL Server Performance
- Columnstore Indexes for Operational Analytics
- In-memory OLTP Enhancements
- The Query Data Store
- Native JSON
- Temporal Tables
3. Whats New in SQL Server Security?
- Using Always Encrypted
- Row-level Security
- Dynamic Data Masking
4. Whats New in SQL Server Availability and Scalability?
- Enhanced AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Whats New in Database Caching?
- Using Windows Server 2016
5. Whats New in SQL Server Reporting and BI?
- Reporting Services Enhancements
- PowerBI Enhancements
6. Whats New in SQL Server Data Access?
- Enhancements to Integration Services
7. New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server OLAP
- New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server OLAP
- Whats New in SQL Server Analysis Services
8. Whats New for SQL Server in the Cloud?
- Stretch Database
- Enhanced Backups to Azure
- Introduction to SQL Server 2016 Hybrid Cloud
- Whats New in SQL Server Azure Database