- AMA2133 Leading with Emotional Intelligence
12/14/2016 - 12/16/2016 AMA San Francisco Center ,CA
Recent studies indicate that emotional intelligence is a powerful key to effective leadership. This valuable seminar delivers the in-depth knowledge and practical emotional intelligence skills you need to ensure that you are a strong, emotionally intelligent leader.
You will learn how to apply emotional intelligence to specific leadership situations to gain the authority and success you strive for as a leader. You will also keep current on cutting-edge developments in leadership theory and practice to help you better collaborate and manage conflict.
How You Will Benefit
- Use emotional intelligence to gain an honest and accurate awareness of yourself
- Monitor and adapt your own emotions and behaviors for your benefit and that of your team and department
- Generate buy-in by crafting an emotionally resonant, inspiring vision
- Be more decisive with decision-making techniques based on emotional intelligence
- Create an atmosphere that fosters emotional intelligence
- Have a positive influence on the emotions and motivation of others
- Create cohesive teams that understand how to apply emotional intelligence
- AMA2285 Managing Today’s IT and Technical Professionals
12/14/2016 - 12/16/2016 AMA Executive Conference Center Atlanta ,GA
How do you get people who typically work alone to function as a team unit? How do you get through to your direct reports to give constructive feedback and create the right energy to get things done?
At this seminar, you'll broaden your perspective, get a keen understanding of the way technical professionals function, and communicate so you can get your project teams, task forces, and work groups working together with greater efficiency. You will examine your role in everyday interaction and practice specific skills on running meetings, coaching, and providing feedback, while leveraging talents in your direct reports to help you reach your goals.
How You Will Benefit
- Understand what drives or motivates IT professionals
- Develop a broader organizational perspective
- Learn which combination of best management approaches works best for your team of IT professionals
- Align the IT professional's goals with business goals
- Analyze performance based on business requirements
- AMA2501: Developing Executive Leadership
12/14/2016 - 12/16/2016 AMA Conference Center ,DC
When the stock market is making you wonder about your organization's future, it's vital to be well-equipped to optimize your company's performance-as well as your own career-with executive leadership training. To exhibit real executive leadership, you must be a visionary, a trailblazer, a strategist, a communicator, a coach, a diplomat, and a politician. The world's most successful leaders are able to focus on the big picture and uphold high standards while wearing many hats.
This intensive three-day executive leadership training program combines proven-in-action techniques with peer interaction and insights from the latest research to help you master the competencies of effective executive leadership.
This seminar combines instructor-led training with online pre- and post-seminar assessments, tune-up courses, and other resources to maximize your training goals. Combining proven instructor-led seminars and powerful online technology, this blended learning provides a compelling and more comprehensive experience for you-producing a greater return on investment for you and your employer.
- Avaya Aura® Session Manager and System Manager Implementation (R6.3) 4U00040
12/14/2016 - 12/16/2016
In this course, you will identify the hardware needed to support System and Session Manager. You will also learn how Avaya System Platform and the System Manager templates are installed. Hands on labs allow you to install Session Manager and perform the initial configuration needed to support its functionality. Furthermore, you will perform post-install testing and verification of System and Session Manager.
This course is also available as part of the combined boot camp: Avaya Aura Session Manager and System Manager Implementation, Administration, and Support (9U01003).
- Avaya Aura® Session Manager and System Manager Implementation, Administration, and Support (R6.3) 9U01003
12/14/2016 - 12/23/2016
In this course, you will identify the hardware needed to support System and Session Manager. Then, through a combination of lectures and hands-on labs, you will install and configure these products to support SIP users, SIP call routing, and networking of Avaya and third-party applications. Maintenance and troubleshooting tools are also discussed and used.
This course combines Avaya Aura Session Manager and System Manager R6.3 Implementation (4U00040) and Avaya Aura Session Manager and System Manager R6.3 Support (5U00050)into an eight-day boot camp.
Topics covered in this course are foundational System Manager administrative tasks that are common to all adopting products. This course does not focus on specific tasks relating to individual adopting products such as Communication Manager or Communication Server 1000.
- DevOps Implementation Boot Camp
12/14/2016 - 12/16/2016 San Diego Training And Conference Center ,CA
For decades there have been big disconnects between the different roles of the IT shop. We struggle with inherent barriers between development projects and the stable infrastructure needed to deploy and run products. Applications get completed and tested in insulated internal environments without adequate collaboration between production IT staff and infrastructure administrators. Unforeseen challenges plague the production environment, wreaking havoc with deadlines, deliverables, and ultimately the business mission. Security is often a wet blanket at best, and an afterthought at worst. In the meantime, huge backlogs of work and technical debt pile up, chronically eroding the efficiency and agility of the business' IT capability.
The grassroots DevOps movement has been a force for change in the face of these challenges. Although there's no simple definition for DevOps, over the past few years the "DevOps recipe" has become clear. It's time to put that recipe to work in your own teams.
- AMA2218 Fundamentals of Finance and Accounting for Non-Financial Managers
12/14/2016 - 12/16/2016 Location To Be Determined ,TX
During challenging economic times, financial acumen is expected at every organizational level. You've got to know how to justify a request, quantify your contributions to the company, and spot profit drains immediately. Because whether you're a wizard of finance or a nonfinancial manager, performance is measured the same way-in dollars and cents!
Offering an accessible overview of finance for nonfinancial managers, this seminar features exactly what you need to further your career and build your future. From accruals to write-offs to receivables and payables, this workshop shows nonfinancial managers the concepts, tools, and techniques that can help make each decision pay off-on the job and on the bottom line.
How You Will Benefit
- Get a firm grasp of the numbers side of your job
- Gain greater confidence with a working knowledge of business financials
- Learn how to "think finance" and translate performance into financial terms
- Cultivate proactive working relationships with finance professionals and enhance your value to the organization
- Gain an understanding of the business dynamics of dollars and cents and how to take initiatives that meet your short- and long-term goals
- Take the guesswork out of your decision making and deliver a better bottom line
- Expand your professional expertise-and your career opportunities
- AMA2532 Getting Results Without Authority
12/14/2016 - 12/16/2016 LOCATION TO BE DETERMINED ,NC
Whether you're dealing with bosses, colleagues, staff members, or senior management, the ability to win respect, influence people, and cultivate cooperation is absolutely essential to career success. What's more, in challenging economic times, the people with whom you interact in business can change on a moment's notice. The ability to adapt quickly and work with anyone to achieve desired results is crucial - especially when you don't have immediate authority to command their cooperation. At this seminar, you'll focus on the key elements of influencing others when there is lack of authority - personal power, persuasion, and negotiation.
Learn how to influence people by building your power base using the Personal Power Model. Gain an understanding of exchange and reciprocity (the first steps in the influence process), and adapt behavior patterns that build credibility. Learn to persuade with a framework of discovery, preparation, and dialogue, and master the key components of negotiation.
You'll practice influencing techniques in this information-packed program, and you'll enhance your learning with videos, exercises, assessment tools, and group discussions.
How You Will Benefit
- Establish or regain credibility so you can begin to influence people
- Effectively use your power base to persuade others
- Understand the person you're trying to influence and learn to persuade through give-and-take
- Develop and grow relationships within your organization and beyond
- Create a collaborative work environment for faster, better results
- Let work styles and communication differences work for, not against, you
- Successfully sell your ideas and implement change
- Achieve trust and give-and-take relationships up, down, and across the organization
- Influence people while projecting self-confidence without being pushy
- Adapt your style to the person or situation you're dealing with
- Learn negotiating techniques that promote win-win outcomes
- AMA2235 Building Better Work Relationships: New Techniques for Results-oriented Communication
12/14/2016 - 12/16/2016 AMA New York ,NY
In today's volatile and challenging business environment, you have to build successful work relationships and interact with people in a positive way to achieve your organizational goals. Now, discover the basic competencies critical to solid work relationships-and career success.
The first step in building better work relationships is to become aware of the differences among people and to be willing to accept these differences as a positive force within an organization. And it all starts with you. This seminar will prepare you to create better work relationships by becoming a "conscious communicator." You'll return to work better able to build constructive and beneficial work relationships by learning how to analyze situations and consciously select and use productive communication strategies.
How You Will Benefit
- Build better rapport and gain the trust of your colleagues
- Discover the basic competencies critical to solid work relationships
- Develop flexibility in actions, thoughts, and feelings to better handle any situation
- Avoid mistakes and conflicts that may result from misinterpreting others or ineffective listening
- Influence and motivate others to first-rate performance
- Learn how to use direct and indirect messages accurately
- Build your self-esteem as you discover a new self-awareness
- Identify strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities in your work relationships
- Gain an understanding of values, beliefs, attitudes, and perceptual processes
- Gain an understanding of emotions and how they translate into emotional intelligence
- Master the keys to excellent communication: observe, listen, analyze, plan, and communicate
- AMA2295 Successfully Managing People
12/14/2016 - 12/16/2016 DoubleTree Guest Suites Anaheim ,CA
Do you know how to encourage excellence in a culture of "no change"? Are you able to keep your cool when things go wrong? Are you a confident or a reluctant delegator?
Effective management requires a balancing act. You have to deal with difficult people to resolve conflicts, win cooperation and trust, and find ways to energize your employees to give their best effort. Utilizing the practice in emotional intelligence, this seminar helps you develop the right mix of management and communication styles to get the most from your team. You'll be able to transform resistance into support and ensure your team's values and corporate goals are in sync.
This blended learning course combines instructor-led training with online pre- and post-seminar assessments, tune-up courses, and other resources to provide a compelling and more comprehensive experience for you, maximize your training goals, and produce a greater return-on-investment for you and your employer.
How You Will Benefit
- Motivate and direct the employees you rely on-even when they don't share your values
- Adjust your management and personal style to the needs of different situations
- Get more done by using the appropriate delegation techniques for any given situation
- Resolve conflict more effectively in a wide variety of situations
- Turn difficult people and poor performers into team players
- Win the cooperation and trust from everyone in your organization
- Increase your confidence, leadership skills, and personal and professional satisfaction in your job by managing people successfully