Administration of IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.5.5 WB870G
In this introductory course, you learn the skills that are needed to install, configure, and administer IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.5.5.
IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.5.5 includes IBM Process Server, IBM Integration Designer, IBM Process Designer, IBM Process Center, and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus. This course focuses on IBM Process Server, which is a high-performance business engine at the heart of business process management (BPM) and service-oriented architecture (SOA).
The course covers how to configure both Process Center and Process Server in a network deployment environment. You learn about the various deployment topologies available for both environments. The course also teaches you about the selection criteria for choosing an appropriate deployment topology.
You learn how Business Process Manager uses the service integration bus (WebSphere Platform Messaging) for all asynchronous communications. To build a highly available Process Server architecture, you must understand how the service integration bus works, and know how to integrate it into the design of a topology.
Hands-on exercises on the Linux operating system are provided throughout the course, giving you practical experience with designing, deploying, and troubleshooting a highly available Process Server environment. Through the labs, you configure both Process Center and Process Server in a network deployment environment and verify the configuration. You deploy a basic application and use it to test the capabilities of the Process Server environment. You examine applications in Process Center and deploy applications to both an online and an offline Process Server environment. Finally, you integrate the deployment manager with IBM Tivoli Directory Server and secure the environment.
This course provides lab exercises running on IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V8.5.5.
The lab environment for this course uses the Linux platform.
- Course introduction
- Overview of IBM Business Process Manager Advanced
- IBM Business Process Manager Advanced installation
- Exercise: Installing IBM Business Process Manager Advanced
- Exercise: Installing the IBM HTTP Server
- IBM Business Process Manager Advanced architecture overview
- IBM Business Process Manager components
- IBM Business Process Manager Advanced deployment topologies
- Exercise: Configuring the Process Center environment
- Introduction to IBM Process Center
- Exercise: Administering Process Center
- Overview of Process Portal
- Exercise: Administering Process Portal
- Exercise: Purging content in Process Center
- Introduction to IBM Process Server
- Exercise: Configuring the Process Server environment
- Business process choreography
- Application deployment concepts
- Exercise: IBM Process Server administration
- Exercise: Purging content in Process Server
- Overview of deployment scenarios
- Exercise: Managing offline and online process servers
- Advanced administration concepts
- Exercise: Advanced Process Server administration
- Exercise: Implementing security with LDAP
- Problem determination
- Course summary