Fundamentals of Enterprise OSGi with IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.5 WD104G
This course teaches you how to build OSGi enterprise applications for IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.5.
The OSGi applications framework provides a programming model for developing, assembling, and deploying modular applications that use Java Platform Enterprise Edition (Java EE) and OSGi technologies. In this course, you explore the benefits of OSGi application development, including modular development, dynamic services, version handling, and the Blueprint programming model. You use IBM WebSphere Application Server Developer Tools for Eclipse V8.5 to develop OSGi enterprise application bundles and web application bundles, and run these OSGi applications on IBM WebSphere Application Server V8.5.
The lab environment for this course uses the Windows XP platform.
- Course introduction
- Introduction to OSGi
- Modular development with OSGi
- Exercise: Getting started with OSGi bundles
- Enterprise OSGi applications
- Exercise: Creating an OSGi service and servlet
- Developing OSGi applications with the Blueprint Container
- Exercise: Creating an OSGi bundle that uses the Blueprint Container specification
- Course summary