IBM DB2 10 for z/OS Utilities for Database Administrators CV871G
This course is designed to teach you advanced topics about DB2 for z/OS utilities. It is assumed that you attended course DB2 10 for z/OS Database Administration Workshop Part 1 (CV831) so that you already have basic skills about the main utilities. Recovery-oriented topics are not part of this course, so such utility functions are not presented.
- CV831 utilities review
- RUNSTATS, DSN1COPY,REPAIR, and DIAGNOSE
- LOAD and REBUILD INDEX performance and availability
- Online CHECK DATA
- REORG performance and availability
- UNLOAD performance and availability
- Generic utility jobs (LISTDEF and TEMPLATE)
- Appendix: Clone tables
The course includes extensive machine exercises.