IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Advanced Administration for AIX TSX22G
This 5-day course is for administrators with a fundamental knowledge of IBM Tivoli Storage Manager. It provides in-depth administration training with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Extended Edition at a higher skill level than the IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Implementation and Administration course (TSX12).
Administrators learn how to control and tune the Tivoli Storage Manager environment and what steps to take when troubleshooting. The lab exercises explore the DB2 database management methods and options, using the disaster recovery plan file, and using SQL scripts. In addition, the exercises involve multiple servers to simulate an enterprise environment. You participate in group problem determination exercises, perform a variety of backup and restore processes, and optimize data management, such as data deduplication. You also tune the backup-archive client and the Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 server for optimal performance.
The hands-on exercises for this course are conducted on AIX. If you are interested interested in Windows implementation you should register in this course IBM Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Advanced Administration, Tuning, Troubleshooting (TS622).
- Unit 1: Tivoli Storage Manager 6.3 Review
- Unit 2: Database and Recovery Log Management
- Unit 3: Storage Pool Management
- Unit 4: Disaster Recovery Manager
- Unit 5: SQL Statements, Macros and Scripts
- Unit 6: Tivoli Storage Manager Performance Tuning
- Unit 7: Backup and Restore Methodology
- Unit 8: Virtual machine support
- Unit 9: Enterprise administration
- Unit 10: Electronic vaulting and server-to-server virtual volumes
- Unit 11: Problem determination concepts