IBM WebSphere Service Registry and Repository V8 for Developers WS800G
This 3-day course teaches you how to use and customize WebSphere Service Registry and Repository to work with the IT infrastructure of your organization.
IBM WebSphere Service Registry and Repository provides a robust, centrally managed system of record for service artifacts within a service-oriented architecture (SOA). Your organization can get more business value from your SOA by using WebSphere Service Registry and Repository to store, access, and manage service metadata so that services can be effectively shared, managed, and governed.
The course uses an interactive combination of instructor-led lectures and hands-on lab exercises. The course begins by introducing you to the concept of service registries and to the architecture of WebSphere Service Registry and Repository. In subsequent units and exercises, you learn how to work with the web UI and Business Space user interfaces, customize the service metamodel, author governance policies, and enable governance through policies. You also learn how to integrate Service Registry into three enterprise service bus solutions: WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus, WebSphere Message Broker, and WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance.
The lab environment for this course uses the Windows platform.
- Course introduction
- WebSphere Service Registry and Repository overview
- Architecture and information model overview
- User interfaces: Web UI and Business Space
- Exercise: Using Service Registry through web UI and Business Space
- Governance Enablement Profile
- Exercise: Publishing and managing services with the Governance Enablement Profile
- Using Studio to customize WebSphere Service Registry and Repository
- Customizing business model classes
- Exercise: Creating a business model class
- Creating governance lifecycles
- Exercise: Creating a governance lifecycle
- Creating classification systems
- Exercise: Designing classification systems
- Governance policy validators
- Exercise: Authoring governance policy assertions
- Creating and using WS_Mediation policies
- Exercise: Authoring WS_MediationPolicy
- Customizing the Business Space user interface
- Exercise: Customizing the Business Space user interface
- Dynamic service selection with WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus
- Dynamic service selection with WebSphere Message Broker
- Dynamic service selection with WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances