Korn and Bash Shell Programming AL32G
Learn effective methods to create and use KornShell and Bourne Again SHell (bash) scripts and utilities. Shell scripts are often the key to becoming a productive AIX or Linux system administrator. During this course you will write simple programs that demonstrate your ability to write shell scripts in either an AIX or Linux environment.
Basic programming concepts are not taught in this course.
- Basic shell concepts
- Shell variables and positional parameters
- Flow control in a shell script
- Testing of return codes and traps
- Functions and typeset
- Shell features such as arithmetic and string handling
- Using regular expressions
- Using grep, sed, awk and other AIX utilities