Modeling and Implementing with IBM Business Process Manager V8 WB802G
In this course, you learn about the core process modeling skills, project development approach, implementation fundamentals, and exceptional delivery patterns that can improve the speed and quality of process definition and implementation efforts.
The course integrates training in business process management (BPM) methodology and implementation with IBM Business Process Manager training. IBM Business Process Manager is a comprehensive BPM platform that can provide you with the visibility and insight you need to effectively manage the business processes of your organization.
The course begins with an overview of BPM and process modeling, and it emphasizes the concepts of reuse, ease of maintenance, and high-quality development strategies. You use the IBM Business Process Manager Standard V8 Process Designer component to create a business process definition (BPD) from business requirements that are identified during process analysis. You learn how to make team collaboration more efficient by enabling all team members to use standard process model elements and notation, which makes expressing and interpreting business requirements consistent throughout the BPM lifecycle.
The course continues with an overview of the architecture of IBM Business Process Manager, and describes the use of process applications and toolkits within the tool. You create variables, implement gateways, and enable swimlanes to demonstrate process flow on their diagrams. You also build customized user interfaces (coaches) to enable business and process data flows throughout a process model.
The course uses an interactive learning environment, with hands-on demonstrations and activities to reinforce concepts and check understanding. Lab exercises are provided throughout the course, giving you hands-on experience with BPM tasks and skills.
- Course introduction
- Introduction to business process management
- Introduction to IBM Business Process Manager and Blueworks Live
- Exercise: Creating a process application
- Creating a process model
- Exercise: Creating a business process definition
- Exercise: Modeling participants
- Exercise: Modeling task-type activities
- Exercise: Creating nested processes and decomposing the business process workflow
- Defining process flow
- Exercise: Modeling gateways in a BPD
- Exercise: Modeling timer intermediate events
- Validating the process model with playback zero
- Exercise: Validating the process model
- IBM Business Process Manager architecture and toolkits
- Exercise: Creating a toolkit
- Conducting playback 1
- Exercise: Creating playback 1 assets
- Exercise: Conducting playback 1
- Conducting playback 2
- Exercise: Creating and implementing a coach service
- Exercise: Creating a snapshot
- Conducting playback 3
- Exercise: Creating playback 3 assets
- Conducting playback 4
- Exercise: Enhancing a coach
- Conducting playback 5
- Exercise: Creating error handling for a service
- Course summary