Process Implementing with IBM Business Process Manager Standard/Adv V8.5.6 – I WB819G
This course integrates training in business process management (BPM) methods and implementation with IBM Business Process Manager V8.5.6. You learn core process modeling and implementation skills, the project development approach, process model implementation fundamentals, and exceptional delivery patterns. These skills improve the speed and quality of process definition and implementation efforts.
IBM Business Process Manager is a comprehensive BPM environment that provides the visibility and insight that is required to effectively manage the business processes of an organization. The course begins with an overview of business process management, emphasizing the concepts of reuse, ease of maintenance, and high-quality development strategies. You create a simple case by using the browser-based tools, and use the IBM Business Process Manager Process Designer to create a business process definition (BPD) from business requirements that are identified during process analysis. You learn how to make team collaboration more efficient by enabling all team members to use standard Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) elements.
The course continues with an overview of the architecture of IBM Business Process Manager, and describes the use of process applications and toolkits within the tool. You create business objects and variables, implement gateways, and demonstrate process flow on your diagrams. You build customized user interfaces (coaches) to enable business and process data flows throughout the process model.
The course uses an interactive learning environment, with hands-on demonstrations and class activities to reinforce concepts and check understanding. Lab exercises throughout the course provide hands-on experience with BPM tasks and skills. This course is intended to be collaborative, and you can work in teams to complete class activities.
- Course introduction
- Introduction to business process management
- Introduction to IBM Business Process Manager
- Playback 0: Modeling the as-is business process
- Exercise: Playback 0: Creating a case
- Playback 0: Modeling the to-be business process
- Exercise: Playback 0: Creating a process application
- Playback 0: Modeling process flow
- Exercise: Playback 0: Controlling process flow
- Playback 0: Building consensus
- Exercise: Validating the process model
- IBM Business Process Manager architecture
- Playback 1: Controlling process flow
- Exercise: Playback 1: Controlling process flow
- Playback 1: Business data, services, and coaches
- Exercise: Playback 1: Business data, services, and coaches
- Playback 1: Enhancing coaches
- Exercise: Playback 1: User interface design and implementation
- Exercise: Playback 1: Conducting the Playback session
- Playback 2: Integrations
- Exercise: Playback 2: Integrations
- Playback 3: Hardening processes and services
- Exercise: Playback 3: Creating error handling for a service
- Playback 3: Deploying process applications
- Exercise: Playback 3: Creating a snapshot for deployment
- Course summary