Process Modeling with IBM Business Process Manager Standard V8.5 WB807G
In this 2-day instructor-led course, you learn core process modeling skills that improve the speed and quality of process definition efforts.
The course integrates training in business process management (BPM) methods and implementation with IBM Business Process Manager V8.5. IBM Business Process Manager V8.5 is a comprehensive BPM environment that provides users with the necessary visibility and insight to effectively manage the business processes of their organization.
The course begins with an overview of business process management and process modeling, emphasizing the concepts of reuse, ease of maintenance, and high-quality development strategies. You use the IBM Business Process Manager Standard V8.5 Process Designer component to create a business process definition (BPD) from business requirements that are identified during process analysis. You learn how to make team collaboration more efficient by enabling all team members to use standard Business Process Model and Notation (BPMN) elements. BPMN elements make expressing and interpreting business requirements consistent throughout the business process management lifecycle.
The course uses an interactive learning environment, with hands-on demonstrations and class activities to reinforce concepts and check understanding. Lab exercises are provided throughout the course, giving you hands-on experience with BPM tasks and skills. This course is intended to be collaborative, and you can work in teams to complete class activities.
The lab environment for this course uses the Windows Server 2008 SP2 environment.
- Course introduction
- Introduction to business process management
- Introduction to IBM Business Process Manager and Blueworks Live
- Exercise: Creating a process application
- Creating a process model
- Exercise: Creating a business process definition
- Exercise: Modeling teams
- Exercise: Modeling task-type activities
- Exercise: Creating nested processes and decomposing the business process workflow
- Defining process flow
- Exercise: Modeling gateways in a BPD
- Exercise: Modeling timer intermediate events
- Validating the process model with playback 0
- Exercise: Validating the process model
- Course summary