WebSphere for z/OS Version 8 Implementation ES68G
WebSphere Application Server (WAS) Version 8.0 (V8) for z/OS provides a Java2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) runtime environment for Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB), along with servlets and JavaServer Pages (JSP) in web applications.
WAS V8 extends the platform established in WebSphere for z/OS V7, bringing new functionality for application management, and new flexible management and administration options.
Learn how to install and customize WebSphere V8.0 for z/OS, and how to deploy EJB applications and web applications. Reinforce the concepts you learn in lectures with extensive hands-on laboratory exercises.
Note: This course does not address Java application development for z/OS, and it and does not teach the use of programming tools such as IBM Rational Application Developer 8.0.
- Unit 1: Introduction to WebSphere for z/OS V8.0
- Unit 2: Installing the WebSphere V8 standalone server (Part 1)
- Unit 2: Installing the WebSphere V8 standalone server (Part 2)
- Lab 1: Installing the standalone server
- Unit 3: Deploying applications with WebSphere V8 administration tool
- Lab 2: Administration of WebSphere V8 servers and applications
- Unit 4: The WebSphere V8 web container
- Lab 3: Installing the WebSphere for z/OS V8 HTTP server plug-in
- Unit 5: Network deployment
- Unit 6: Assembling and deploying a J2EE application
- Lab 4: Installing the network deployment environment
- Lab 5: WebSphere connectors: JDBC lab
- Lab 6: (Optional): WebSphere proxy server
- Unit 7: WebSphere V8 security (Part 1)
- Unit 7: WebSphere V8 security (Part 2)
- Unit 8: Accessing data: Connectors and Java messaging on WebSphere
- Unit 9: 64-bit servers, zAAPs, and performance